Some of us went out to Fazoli's last night after service. Let's see, who was there; Johnna Wilson, LeAndra Hayes, Frankie Strong, Matt Zimmerman, Holly Talley and a friend of hers named Chris, Chelsey and Mitchell Chance, and Frank Lewis. If I missed anyone, my sincere apologies. We had so much fun visiting with everyone. Johnna Wilson was very brave and let Callie take pictures with her digital camera. She actually did pretty good, she didn't drop it or anything. I was going a little crazy thinking, "Callie, please don't drop it. Please don't drop it." What a fun group of people. I wasn't very hungry, so I just got a breadstick (thinking of you Sis. Shu) and something to drink. Apparently that was a big mistake.
Finally went to bed somewhere around 11:45 and wouldn't ya know it. I'm up every hour for the next three hours. Oh, that's o.k. I think sleep is just so highly overrated as a means of rejuvenating. We ended up throwing all 3 kids on the floor in our room, just to keep an eye on them during the evening since Brandon and Callie weren't feeling well and I just kind of used it as a good excuse to have all of us in the same room. I thought the kids would enjoy it, and they did. Anyhow, Callie was up a couple of times in addition to my waking up all by me onsies. Not a very restful night! So, this morning was great.
We finally rolled around and started stirring around 10:00. Yep, that's right 10:00. We just hung out today. The kids read a book while Callie "rested her eyes" and I folded laundry. We finally decided around 2:30 or so that maybe we should ditch the p.j.'s for some real clothes. When I said that we were going to have some R&R today, I meant it. Days like that are few and far between, but sometimes they are just soooooo needed.
Monday, May 19, 2008
WHAT A DAY!
Posted by Jennifer at 10:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You almost had a "do-nothing" day. I say almost because you did fold laundry and that counts as doing something. What a great day for you guys!
You only had ONE bread stick??? Surely you had more than one... No one can just eat ONE! I could make a whole meal out of Fazolli's bread sticks and a Coke.
I know! Can you believe it? Just one and a Coke. I just wasn't very hungry. I almost didn't even have that one. I'll do better next time :)
Post a Comment