CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

GLORY B 2 JESUS LET THE HALLELUJAHS ROLL

We are done with school for the year. I and the kids are sooooooo excited. We had 1/2 day today to finish reading and math and WE ARE DONE!!!!! We, of course, will still be doing a few worksheets during the summer to keep our minds fresh. Especially Callie, she is doing so well with her beginning reading, that I would really hate to mess that up by not doing something to keep it fresh for her and her having to start all over in August. Wow! Was that a run-on sentence or what. Brandon would have gotten docked big time for that. After finishing our school, we headed over to headquarters to help serve lunch to the BTI students.

The kids were a big help, if you count eating as helping.Sister Metaxas mad the BEST bbq ever. Mmmmm, Mmmm. Brownies for dessert that were so thick and rich and choc-o-late. What a wonderful cook she is, and she really has a servant's heart. Callie actually helped throw things away and wipe off tables and dry dishes. What a good girl! I missed my partner in crime this year. Sister Marcia....Where are you? I pray the move is going well, but I expect to see her and her family back here next year.

It was quite a day. Steve and the kids are over at the church mowing the lawn. I'm sure Steve is mowing the lawn and the kids are probably playing with Ashley Werkheiser outside. That means they are going to stink and need a shower before service tonight. Yeah....NOT!

What is it about going outside and then stinkin'. Why can't you just go outside, enjoy the day and come in smellin' like a rose?

This post is going downhill in a hurry. I gotta bail.

6 comments:

Tammy K. said...

I am sure it is nice to have a summer break in school. I always loved that time of yr.Summer Break from school.

I miss all those BTI Lunches, church services, fellowship. Good times.
It is awful nice of Steve to mow the Church grass. Have a good day.

Mommy's Journal said...

There is enough moisture in the air around there... Just send the kids out to play with a bar of soap :-)

Jennifer said...

Tammi-yeah! the kids are really looking forward to it, we will only do like a page or two a week. I wish you could be here too :(

Sis Shu- you are a mess LOL

Jennifer said...

Sorry I spelt your name wrong Tam. Love ya! Again with the needin' to proof read b4 I hit the publish button

Momma Tammi said...

I like the new background! Congrats on finishing school for the summer. Doing something once or twice a week should keep it all fresh in their minds. Such a smart mom for thinking of that. ~wink~

Jennifer said...

Sis. Tammi-Thank you. It took me a while to figure out how to do something more fun w/the background. I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but every once in a while I do something good ;)