CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

GREEN ACRES




Steve and Callie watering their garden


The fruits of their labor













Steve did a garden again this year. Yes, just Steve. I don't have a green thumb AT ALL. I just kill about everything that I touch. If you've got a plant that you want gone and it just won't seem to die no matter what you do, ask me to help tend to it. I'll have your little problem fixed in no time at all. Steve and Brandon made those planter boxes that you see. We will probably always do the garden in the planter boxes. What a great way to save on water and he hasn't had to weed at all. The plants grew so quickly, he was amazed.

We have never done broccoli before, but my husband is really bummed. He didn't realize that you only get one of those little heads per plant, and then they are done producing. What???? What a bummer. Oh well, what can you do? I'll tell you what you do. You pull those little babies out and plant tomatoes in their place. That's his plan anyway.


I am going to try my hand though at putting some flowers out front. I love daylilies, so say a prayer for them and me. I'll keep you posted as to how those go.

4 comments:

Mommy's Journal said...

Have you ever heard of a "Bleeding Heart" plant? That and Lilacs are my favorite and they don't grow so well... Or not at all... In the desert. :-( You could plant one of those :-)

Jennifer said...

I haven't heard of those. I'll have to check into them.

Mommy's Journal said...

Google "bleeding heart flowers". They're gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

They are sooooo pretty. I don't know how they'd do. The front of my house gets full sun for most of the day and they need partial or full shade. I'll check it out though. They would look pretty with my red shutters as accents.