CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

MY HOUSE

I really don't have much to say. Here it is Monday, the weekend is over, and I don't have much to say. Steve worked on the house most of the weekend and got quite a bit done. Just a few more things to do and one of the bedrooms will be completed downstairs. The home that we moved into is about 1100 sq. feet upstairs, with an unfinished basement. The intent and the project underway is to finish the basement. Well, one year later and no basement. I do have my bathroom downstairs finished. A family of five living in 1100 sq ft is a true test of patience and love for one another. I'm running out of patience and Courtney really needs her bedroom downstairs finished. She and Callie have been sharing a bedroom. It was a huge project to undertake and when it's just Steve and I working on it. The progress is SLOW. Actually, I haven't even really been able to do that much at all. I have been physically limited the past few months. I really would LOVE to see this basement done at least by the time Steve goes back to school in Aug. We'll see.

I have a mountain of laundry calling, or should I say screaming my name. I will probably end up doing 8 or 9 loads today and Brandon needs a haircut in the worst way and we haven't started school yet either. So what am I doing writing on this blog.

Gotta go.

11 comments:

Mommy's Journal said...

Just think... It could be worse... You could be a family of eight... No wait a minute, a family of seven in a 1500 sq' home:-) Oh the joy of close-ness! Send Brandon over here, I'll cut his hair.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for pointing out the silver lining in my cloud. I wish!! I know you would do a great job. I got it done though. I'll try to post pics.

Jennifer said...

I meant you would do a great job on Brandon's HAIR and I'll try to post pics of his hair. I didn't even say that. Really needin' to read the comment b4 I publish it

Tammy K. said...

I just read your last blog, Callie is a mess.
I hope you guys get that basement completely done. I know it is a huge project, i will pray for Steve and you ro get it done.

Jennifer said...

You're right, Tam, she is crazy, crazy. Thank you for your prayers. We need them.

Momma Tammi said...

I'm finally caught up and YES! I AM BACK HOME! I knew what you were talking about! ~hee hee~

I'm sorry that you have had such a struggle physically. Seems like this last year has been hard physically for quite a few people. I'll be praying for you.

I love the "Callie" conversation. She is too great. I also love the "Asian" style that Courtney gave her...very talented young lady you have.

Love ya!

Pam said...

Jennifer do you homeschool? I know the last time I talked to you your children were going to public school.

Jennifer said...

Hey Mama Tammi-I'm glad that you have made it home safe. Pam-They were only in a private school that one year about 4yrs ago. I've been homeschooling b4 and since then.

Pam said...

Okay I didn't know that. I'm still homeschooling also. There is no way my children are attending a public school. They are times when it is hectic. I didn't think I would ever get my 10 year old to read, but she is doing really well now. My five year old is already starting to read, it seems like she is catching on faster, but I'm not worried, there are times that I get stressed because I don't want them to be behind,but then I realize that as long as they can read, write and do basic math they will make it in life. Their relationship with Christ is more important to me.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I think it's different for everyone and where you live. I wish the kids could play sports in public school though while they are being homeschooled. That part really stinks.

Pam said...

Yeah my son Josh played basketball this year for the Salvation Army, until he dislocated his knee. His knee went out of place and was laying on the side of his leg. He had to stop playing basketball of course, he is doing therapy right now. They said that he had such a fast growth spurt and he is very tall and skinny and he needs to build up the muscles in his legs.