CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

WOAH IS ME :(

o.k., so here's the deal. I am so sad. Most of my commentors, my friends, are at the Family Camp in New Mexico. We all were trying ever so hard to get there. Many fundraisers later, we could not raise enough money. Air fare is through the roof right now as I'm sure all of you know. We are however, going to make it to North Carolina Family Camp where Steve and I will be working and teaching a class. We were able to raise enough money to be able to attend that camp and the kids are excited for that, but still disappointed they couldn't make it back West. Did I mention that I am very sad that we are not in Family Camp with our friends from Colorado? Enogh with the whining and on with my post for my friends that, like me, are not in camp right now.
Grayson, Matt, and Courtney
A couple of weeks ago, was Heritage Day. Grayson Kent made it up from GA, so we had him and Matt Zimmerman over for a little barbecue and some fun and games in the back yard. We had a lot of fun with them. The kids engaged in a massive water fight and were drenched from head to toe. Steve made barbecue chicken on the grill and that night, he and the kids slept in the tent in the back yard. What fun. My back was not about to tolerate sleeping on the ground, so I slept in the house, in my nice cozy king size bed all to myself.
Steve and Brandon swingin' away

My squirt gun is better than your squirt gun

The three amigos

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I feel your pain. I wanted to be there too. Apparently, God has other intentions for our families. ~wink~

Looks like you all had fun with Matt and Grayson. Nice new hibiscus background.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, we had a lot of fun. Thanks. I wanted something that felt somewhat summery. Is summery a word :)

Marcia Brooks said...

Thats great about the NC family camp. The kids and I will be there also. I'm looking forward to seeing a familiar face.

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that you guys will be there. We are looking forward to seeing you too.