CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

CALLIE AND MOM DAY





Callie and I with our brownies
O.K. we had so much fun on our day together. When we woke up, we did our hair, as you can see by the first picture :) Callie wanted to go with this retro sheik crazy doo. Somehow, she makes it work. Apparently, it was brownie day. She had said that we were going to make brownies and brownies we made. They were sooooo good. We did what every good woman should do and we doused it in whipped cream and poured some chocolate syrup over the top and added a nice, cold glass of milk. Yes, that was breakfast. We then retired to the bedroom to play a game of Candy Land Bingo. What a fun game. Not too long, not too short, just right. And....I didn't get beat every game, unlike Princess Monopoly. We wrote in our handy, dandy notebook along with our friend Steve as we tried to figure out Blues Clues. Steve was sick and Blue's Clues of a bowl, a spoon, and vegetables lead him to having a bowl of vegetable soup to help him feel better. We drew together and we even laid down and rested our eyes. I think I was the only one who actually slept though.
We had a great day together!!!!!!!!!!
Then there was the evening. As you can recall, I was a little more than excited to pick my bing cherries. We drive out to the ladies house and I'm looking at the cherry tree thinking, "Those don't look like bing cherries." They didn't look like bing cherries, because they WEREN'T bing cherries. UGH!!!! I was so sad. My husband, sweetheart that he is, offered to go to the store and get me bing cherries. I can't in good conscience spend that much for fruit. Thank you though, Honey! They were something called tretarian or something like that. The cherries that I do not care for at all. The kids and Steve loved them though so a picking we went. I now have a box lid of cherries sitting in my kitchen. Cherry pie you may say. No thanks! Any suggestions on what to make with these cherries for someone who doesn't like cherries?



5 comments:

Tammy K. said...

Good post. Fun pictures. I am glad you and Callie had so much fun.
Cherry Cobbler or pinapple upside down cake... yum.

Grace & Co said...

Your day with Callie sounds like so much fun! I loved seeing pictures of you guys too.

I'm not a fan of cherries either, but I can stand cherry cobbler or upside down cake!

Do I get to see you soon?? =)

Momma Tammi said...

How fun! Brownies--YUM! Bummer on the cherries though. I'm all out of ideas since I don't like them either.

Sara Beth said...

Sounds like fun.
Em I gonna see you soon??

Love y'all
Sara Shu

Jennifer said...

Sara and Grace. Sadly, we won't be seeing you soon. I try not to think about it, because then I get really, really, really, really SAD :(