CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Much Drama

The girls and I are driving down the road. Just had a great day shopping, the girls bought some cute little flip-flops at Old Navy. Found a couple of cute shirts, ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A (complete with a brownie for desert). Things are going well, It's a beautiful day outside. We're on our way to Steve's school to watch a softball game, got a little Mark Shultz going and all of the sudden....Callie screams as if someone is amputating her left arm.
By the grace of God, I manage not to swerve into any of the cars that are surrounding me. She's all but hyperventilating and in just that quick second it dawns on me and I ask her, "Callie, is it a bug?"
"ye....ye...ye...a...a....a....bu.....bu....bug!" She tries to reply.
Apparently a bug had decided to find a friend in Callie, but she wasn't having it. She appparently has all of the friends she needs. You know, the two-legged kind. Furious, I pull over into a gas station and send Courtney back to see what the big deal is and Courtney says, "Callie, it's just a lady bug. Lady bugs are nice!"
Callie still wasn't havin' it. Courtney gently placed the lady bug outside and we continue on to Steve's school where the drama continues.
We are down at the track watching the track team and waiting for Steve (He had a crisis he was dealing with) where an ant decides to befriend Callie's feet. She is literally climbing up my body to reach safety. I carry her back up to the school and we finally get to Steve's office and go to the softball game.
This isn't Callie's day. She begins freaking out as she spots a caterpillar, as I'm sure she perceives as being in hot pursuit of her. Again with the screaming. UGH!!!!! It's just a bug. So I say to myself, "Self.." :) I will pick up the caterpillar and show her how harmless they are. Didn't work! She didn't care!
The drama continued into the night when she awoke about 12:00 am insisting there were bugs crawling on her. We prayed for her, gave her a bath, bundled her up in long pants, a turtle neck, and socks. Needless to say. Steve and I had company last night. We'll see how today goes!

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Poor Callie! I couldn't help but laugh though...I have the same reaction to worms or snakes. Hope her day goes much better than yesterday. BTW...did you and Steve get ANY sleep?

Jennifer said...

After he bathed her, he got some sleep, but I was up with her quite a while.

Tammy K. said...

That girl is a mess. She is crazy.

Jennifer said...

yes, unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She gets it from Steve, ya know :)

Grace & Co said...

I laughed so hard reading this!! I love reading your posts! :-) I feel bad for Callie, but I was still laughing cause I can see her freaking out!