Callie hitchin' a ride on the Daddy Cab
Our swimmin' hole at the Ocoee River
Monday, we packed a lunch and took everyone to Fields of the Wood. The kids ran the steps of the 10 Commandments mountain. Yes, I said ran. Crazy youth :) I, realizing that I am not as young as I once was, walked. The kids all seemed to really enjoy it. As we were eating lunch, Tim saw what he deemed to be the Lochness monster in the pond next to the picnic area. It turned out to be mutant carp. These things were huge. Do I have a picture of them? Of course not. Sorry! After that, we started back home and thought that we would take them and stop at the the Ocoee River building thingy. I can't think of what it's called....a station maybe. I don't know. Anyway, they turn the water down, so it is not flowing as heavy and you can get in. There weren't any people around and we had brought some extra "Just in case" clothes, so we went in. Everyone had a blast. They found this little spot that you see in the first picture, where the water was flowing pretty quickly. They had fun trying to stop up the water and then let it go again. Callie and I stayed in a little wading area close by.
Today, we found a clearance sale on a slip-n-slide. Hooked that baby up and they got wet and played around this evening. Steve made a fire and we cooked hot dogs over the fire. I need to get going. I'm sure we're in for another busy day tomorrow, so I had better get some rest.
8 comments:
Brandon's room, Brandon's room. You got me curious what it looks like.
Lucky! That is such a pretty area. The water looks very inviting... Especially since we're sitting here in 100+ weather... We're in the Monsoon season so it's TN weather around here... Hot and Muggy.
Tam-I do have some pictures, I should post them, you're right. I forgot. There still is more to be done. Closet organizer, blinds and closet doors. I'm hoping Steve and the boys do that today. Sis. Shu- I do have to admit, the weather has been absolutely wonderful. Wish you were here.
that looks like so much fun. Wish i could have been there.
Cathy
Beautiful place to cool off. However, Callie's expression didn't look like she was enjoying it much at the moment.
Me too, Cat.
Callie was o.k. when Steve took her over, but seemed to forget that he took her over safely and he would most certainly return her safely. She was never happier when her little feet touched the bottom :)
Wow--sounds like you guys have been having all sorts of fun! Great pictures. :-)
Hey there; what have u been up to i just found your blog i read quite often now so i will comment more now i like to hear how things are going . Hope to see u at the assembly this year.
Post a Comment