CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

AS I WAS SAYING.....

Courtney's friend, Jesse, on the water slide




Sis. Amy Anders

Back to camp news....You could sense from the get go that it was going to be a wonderful camp. The day of registration, we had evening service. Sis. Brenda O'dell preached, due the camp evangelist being very sick. God used her in a mighty way and she had grasped the campers attention through the entire service. That night, 4 got saved, 6 sanctified and 7 received a blessing from the Lord. It was on! I don't have the exact numbers for the rest of camp, but will post them if I can at a later date.

One day, after swimming, Courtney had a really bad reaction to the chemicals in the pool. Her eye was burning, red, and you could feel the heat from her eye. We had prayed for her a few times, but she found no releif. That night, she slept in our room and when she woke, her eye looked much, much better.

HOLD ON NOW.....THAT'S NOT ALL

About 10-15 minutes later, she came to Steve and I and her eye had swollen again and looked and felt worse than the night before. She was in tears because she was in so much pain. I took her back to our room and she asked for us to pray one more time for her (the faith of a child :) ) She had also asked that we call Bro. Carter and have some of the men at camp pray. As I was hugging her and we were praying, I looked down at her and asked if she was o.k. She looked up at me and said, "He healed me." I asked her if she had felt as if the Lord touched her and she responded and said that she felt the Lord touch her and she said, "Only He can do that!" She is so right. She went into the pool that day and the day after. Her eyes are clear and bright and the beautiful brown that God had colored them shines through as does the Love of the Lord in my precious baby girl.

He's real! He's real! He's real! We serve a living God. And any who were at camp....That's my King! (you at camp know what that means)

The guest evangelist, Bro. Kevin Fearer, was at camp and was able to preach all but the first night and the Lord used him mightily. The campers were so engaged in his messages. It was a wonderful camp.

I feel as though Steve and My class went well. I had a moment...Well, actually more like an entire day, where I felt as if my part of the class was just so incredibly random and hard to follow. Some have assured me that that is not the case. It was so wonderful to have the participation that we had. Our students were so awesome.

The other classes were really great also. We got many reports of how the campers loved their classes. Bro. Dewayne Anders taught the Sr. Boys. Sis. Vicki Williams taught the Sr. girls. Sis. Renee Gibbs taught the Jr. boys and Sis. Emily Stron taught the Jr. girls. They did a fantastic job. All of the staff was great. They really catered to the campers needs.

What a wonderful group of people and what a wonderful spirit. The kids made some great friends. We really enjoy going and yes, Sis. Shu, it is an absolutely beautiful campground with amazing facilities.

4 comments:

Tam said...

PRAISE THE LORD for Courtney's healing!!!! That is awesome! Yes, we serve a living God who can do ALL things. Thanks for sharing this encouraging report!

cokelady said...

Great testimony! If only we could be more like our kids... :-)

Jennifer said...

That's true, sometimes my kids help put my spiritual life in check.

Mommy's Journal said...

Great report! God is really working in lives all over the Church. There are fantastic reports from Camps all over... It's VERY exciting!

I'm still jealous of your campground ;-)