CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

DELAY OF GAME

Yes, we really do need to be working on our basement. Especially with the Assembly coming faster than a bull at a woman in a red dress. Don't ask! But I'm sure you have all heard the saying, "Great fences, build great neighbors!" How true it is!!! I love my house, but I have a neighbor in the back of my house who is determined to make my life in this house miserable. OOOHHHH, that woman!
First of all, I noticed that the fence in the back of their yard has a gate. I know....WEIRD! So, Steve and I this past summer have been taking care of business, the house, the yard. All of the sudden, a couple of months ago, I see her on "our" side of the fence burnin' herself a little fire with some of the twigs from her back yard. Curious, Steve and I ask her just exactly what she is doing making a fire on this side of the fence. She explains to us that she, in all her wisdom, did not build her fence on the property line and that about 5 feet on this side of the fence is actually her yard. What???? O.K. Steve and I get our Jesus on and politely tell her that we did not realize that and we assumed that the fence was on the property line. We discuss the property lines and clearly define what they are.
Tonight, my husband was on his way out the door and guess where she was? Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner. On our side of the fence again, only to the right of the fence. Steve is trying to speak to her and she is ignoring him and will not acknowledge him in any way shape or form. We explain to her that we looked over our papers after the last time we spoke and that even when we spoke we clearly defined that where she was, was on our property. She didn't think so and during the course of the intense fellowship we were having, said property in question became her property. Oh, wait public property. I get confused, she changed it a couple of times in order to accomodate whatever question I was asking her at the time. She said she was making it look nice because it looked atrocious as was the rest of my yard.
I do have to say that the Lord did help me when all was said and done and I actually felt bad for her. She is an older woman who has never been married and please pray for me that maybe, I can be some sort of witness to her. I even went outside and apologized for getting as angry as I did. She, of course, did not even acknowledge that I was there, but I went on and said my apology anyway.
I have said all of that to say that our basement remodel will be put on hold again. We clearly need to build a fence like..... yesterday. A big inpenitrable fence with possibly a pirhanna-filled moat ;)

6 comments:

Grace & Co said...

Wow. I didn't realize neighbors like that existed and they really lurked about seeking to cause conflict.

Like you said though, I hope you can be a witness to this woman. Even though she obviously doesn't listen to you.

(Just so you know, I'm trying REALLY hard not to laugh right now. Like you can reach through the computer screen and get me!! But still, straight faced. ;))

Jennifer said...

laugh away, Gracie! laugh away! It's o.k.

Mommy's Journal said...

Maybe you should have a Home-Ec class for school and have the kids bake her some cookies or something.

Just a thought.

I'm thankful we have good neighbors. We just have one that we try to avoid eye contact or we'll be standing around talking for the next hour... We just try to run in the house before he calls our name :-)

Jennifer said...

That's a good idea, but I don't think we're quite there yet. At this point, she would probably say that I gave her some sort of stomach ailment from the cookies.

Momma Tammi said...

We had neighbors like that at the AFA, just before we moved to Okinawa. I was very relieved to move. See ya in a couple weeks.

Tammy K. said...

I was waiting a couple days to let you recoop from Camp. It has been a couple days and I am watching for a NC camp update and pictures...YEA!!!! :o) And Brandon's room.